Lead Level Designer (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for an experienced Lead Level Designer to join our team to create a unique 3rd person PvE-based co-op shooter for hardcore players packed with innovation. It is an opportunity to create a unique gameplay experience in an open world that let you choose your own goals, together with others.
As a Lead Level Designer in this project, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a highly motivated team of level designers and support them in the creation of high-quality game environments, as well as be a driving force of great level design.
You are expected to lead by example. You will join a talented team that works together to deliver a truly unique player experience and that has a lot to offer.
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Overseeing the entirety of the game’s world and level designs
- Function as the level design department lead, responsible for managing our level designers, defining a coherent design culture and processes across teams, and representing the department to other departments and stakeholders
- Work with the creative director and other department leads to realize the project’s creative vision
- Providing feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as level designers and developers
- Leading by example: ability to create great game levels, spaces, and gameplay scenarios (on paper and in-engine) that exceed player expectations
- Establishing level design quality benchmarks and guiding the team in reaching them
- Collaborate with Technical Art to create and continuously improve workflows and production paradigms for level building (e.g. modular systems)
- 5+ years experience as Level Designer
- 2+ years experience as Lead Level Designer
- Deep understanding of level design principles for co-op action games
- Shipped at least 1 action game as senior or lead level designer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with modern 3D game engines and related editing tools
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience with the Unreal Engine
- Scripting experience, for example with Unreal Blueprint
- Status: employment
- Start: as soon as possible